- You may access and browse our Platform without revealing any of your Personal Information. However, while downloading any of our material which have been developed by our internal experts OR while subscribing to our newsletters OR while filling in a contact request form, we may collect your Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Information that may be necessary to help us provide better customer service.
- To browse the Platform only, you are not required to provide any personal information. However, we may gather non-personally-identifiable information. Like most commercial websites, we utilize “cookies” and other technologies to collect non-personally-identifiable information on visitors to the website. Cookies allow web servers to recognize the computer used to access a website. Cookies store information accessed through your browser to streamline activities on related web sites, and make the online experience easier and more personalized. Information gathered through cookies and web-server log files may include information such as the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, IP addresses, links to/from any page, and time spent at a site.
- Information collected from Platform submissions will be used for Company’s internal business purposes, including its investigations, sales, and marketing. We may use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels, diagnosing server problems and administering the services. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address. The website may include options for visitors to submit information to Company, for example, while requesting information about a product/service, downloading an article, etc. Such forms may provide the option of submitting personal information, such as your name, job title, company, email address, or phone number or any other medical records. In addition, when submitting information on a Website, your submission will be associated with the IP address you are then using, which is automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider. If you are using one of the market leading browsers and are uncomfortable accepting cookies from our website, you may erase and/or disable the acceptance of cookies in your browsers administrative tools. Disabling your browser in this manner may result in a compromised experience of [insert website details] or other websites you regularly visit.
- Company takes measures to maintain the security of its Platform visitor information, does not license or sell such information to anyone, and will only share such information with a third party who has agreed to keep such information confidential and maintain the security thereof, and only for the purposes of facilitating one of the uses described herein on behalf of Company.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Our Services require us to know who you are and authenticate you, so that we can best meet your needs. When you access the Services, we may ask you to voluntarily provide us with certain information that personally identifies you or could be used to personally identify you. Without prejudice to the generality of the above, information collected by us from you may include (but is not limited to) the following:
- Contact data (such as your phone number and name);
- Demographic data (such as your gender and your date of birth);
- Medical data (prescriptions, consultations, lab reports, ecg, medical images, medical bills, blood group, allergies, conditions, disorders, height, weight etc.)
- Data regarding your usage of the services
- Insurance data (such as your insurance carrier and insurance plan); and
- Other information that you voluntarily choose to provide to us (such as information shared by you with us through emails or letters.
The information collected from you by Fololife may constitute ‘personal information’ (including protected health information) or ‘sensitive personal data or information’ under the SPI Rules. Personal information is defined under the SPI Rules to mean any information that relates to a natural person, which, either directly or indirectly, in combination with other information available or likely to be available with a body corporate, is capable of identifying such person.
The SPI Rules further define “sensitive personal data or information” of a person to mean personal information about that person relating to:
- Financial information such as bank accounts, credit and debit card details or other payment instrument details;
- Physical, physiological and mental health condition;
- Sexual orientation;
- Medical records and history;
- Biometric information;
- Information received by body corporate under lawful contract or otherwise;
- Visitor details as provided at the time of registration or thereafter; and
- Call data records.
Information that is freely available in the public domain or accessible under the Right to Information Act, 2005 or any other law will not be regarded as personal information or sensitive personal data or information.
HOW DOES COMPANY COLLECT AND USE INFORMATION
- 1. Visitors to our site may choose to submit their name, email address and/or other information so that they can learn more about our services, register to take part in a Company sponsored event, or participate in a survey among other things.
- Information may be used for Company’s legitimate business interests in connection with your use of the services, including to respond to user inquiries and fulfill user requests, complete transactions, provide customer service, send administrative information, and to personalize user experience with the services. We may use information to better understand our users in general and to improve the content and functionality of the services. We may use information to contact you in the future to tell you about services, promotions, opportunities, and other general information about Company we believe will be of interest to you. We may use information to investigate and prosecute potential breaches of Company security or license agreements.
- Please know that Company does not sell, distribute, or give your personal information to any third party without your knowledge and consent except to provide products or services in which you have expressly displayed an interest, when you have given Company your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- a) When working with contracted outsourcing partners who work on behalf of Company. These partners are subject to strict confidentiality agreements.
- b) Additionally, these companies are not extended any independent right to share this information with their partners.
- c) If we have to respond to legal action, subpoenas, court orders or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- d) We believe that there is a necessity to share information in order to investigate, defend or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or as otherwise required by law.
- f) We use non-personally identifiable information to analyse site usage (such as aggregated information on the pages visited by our users), which allows us to improve the design and content of our Website.
- g) We also hold your contact information in our marketing database and occasionally we may contact you with our updates, newsletters, greetings, events and seminars that we hold, which we refer to as Marketing Communications.
- h) In the ordinary course, we use personal information you provide to respond to your inquiry or process a recruitment request application form you have consented to and completed on our web site. We also use this information for internal purposes to send Marketing Communications as mentioned above.
- i) We will not contact you about other matters, unless you specifically request it, nor will we share, rent, or sell your personally identifiable information outside the Company, except where we are required to share your information with any third parties to provide services to you.
- Company takes data security seriously and provides access permission to systems that contains such data only on a need to know basis. Company may occasionally partner with other third party companies in web-based promotions. However, Company shall not be liable for any personal information submitted to external vendors or to any website linked to this site. Company also recommends that any website visitor, accessing the [insert website] website as an employee of a company, abide by the privacy practices and security guidelines of the corporations they represent. Company’s website team recognizes that the receipt, transmission, distribution, or propagation of unwanted emails (Spam) as a major concern. We will abide by all anti-Spam legal regulations when emailing any and all information out from Company.
- However, we cannot guarantee the privacy of personal information you transmit over the web or that may not be securely transmitted.
- If you would like Company to delete/edit/remove personal information collected about you, please send an email to [insert details] with ‘REMOVE’ mentioned in the subject line.
COMPANY PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
- Further, for the purpose of providing our products and services as well as for internal administrative purposes, we or any of our third party service providers may receive, collect, store or share PI or SPI. Further we may be required to share or disclose such PI or SPI of the provider or its directors, employees, officers, agents, consultants, representatives, counterparties or third parties in the course of our engagement or thereafter or pursuant to request or consent of the client.
- By accessing our Platform or availing any product or services,
- a) the client hereby grants approval and consents to the Company and its personnel to receive, collect, retain, store, share, disclose (including to third party service providers) or otherwise use the PI or SPI of the client/clients personnel as may be required for the purpose of the engagement or administrative purposes or thereafter for record purposes. Further the client undertakes and confirms that it has in turn obtained relevant approvals as required under the applicable laws from its personnel and others for sharing their PI/SPI with us and the Company shall in no way be liable for any such non-compliance by the client.
INFORMATION SECURITY PRACTICES AND PROCEDURES
- 1. The Company limits access to Personal Information to authorized employees, associates, partners and officers, our service providers are held to stringent standards of privacy. The Company maintains physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect the information against loss, misuse, damage or modification and unauthorized access or disclosure. Some of the other central features of our information security program are:
- a) The use of specialized technology such as firewalls.
- b) Testing of the security and operability of products and services by the IT department before they are introduced to the Internet, as well as ongoing scanning for publicly known vulnerabilities in the technology.
- c) Implementing controls to identify, authenticate and authorize access to various systems or sites.
- d) Restricting use of external data devices on Company’s systems.
- e) Implementing controls to identify, authenticate and authorize access to various systems or sites.
- f) Providing Company’s personnel with relevant training and continually updating our security practices in light of new risks and developments in technology.
Should you have any grievances about the processing of your personal information, you may contact [insert name] with respect to data protection and privacy related complaints at [insert e-mail]. All email messages sent to and from [insert domain] may be monitored with the objective of ensuring compliance with internal policies and to protect our business.
DISCLOSURES OF PUBLIC PROFILES
We may make any Business Information that our users contribute for inclusion in our Directory, that we collect from public web sources or that we license from third parties available to users of the Site, to our strategic partners and to our customers.
DISCLOSURES TO SERVICE PROVIDERS
Company may from time to time disclose Business Information or other collected information to service providers, solely for providing functions related to our operation of the Site and for no other purpose. For example:
DISCLOSURES FOR LEGAL REASONS
We may disclose collected information, including Business Information, to a third party if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary or desirable: (i) to comply with lawful requests, subpoenas, search warrants or orders by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, (ii) to address a violation of the law, (iii) to protect the rights, property or safety of Company, its users or the public, or (iv) to allow Company to exercise its legal rights or respond to a legal claim.
DISCLOSURES TO A BUYER OF THE COMPANY
If our Company or substantially all of our assets are acquired, or in the event of a merger or bankruptcy, information about you and/or information you provide to Company may be among the transferred assets. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Platform of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.